Friday, December 03, 2004

LaBloga Groundrules - version RudyG [views]

(per RudyG)
Other contributors are free to post their own. Here's mine:

1. You can't use words like puta or cabrona when referring to anybody's mamá.

2. Use of such words in debating any issue must be documented and provable. So if you call someone a puta/o, for instance, you should be able to provide copies of receipts for such services (canceled checks, etc.).

3. I personally don't choose to participate in the Hispano/Chicano debate--"What do we call ourselves?"--except as a sidebar to something else. So, for instance I wouldn't argue with any puto who calls me a Hispanic. But I'd jump in, con dos patas y manos y mi filero, if there's a serious debate about "What's Chicano Lit?" Other Bloga contributors can debate whatever they want.

4. I know everything. (That's what mi mamá taught me, and she knew everything. Still does.) I just may not post my opinions on everything.

5. Cultural appropriation. (FYI, generally, writing about cultures you're not a part of, like Anglos writing about us--whatever we're called.) I don't like it. There's Anglo writers who I don't think of as being cultural appropriators, e.g., John Nichols, but they're rare and few. The rest of them are cabrones. I'm willing to discuss this, in general or specifically.

6. Bush, Iraq, Reagan, American imperialism. As far as I know, the American people voted for more invasions, a more repressive America, and una chingada of other 19th century thinking that will lay waste to the planet and their own civil rights, as well as slaughtering tens of thousands more dark-skinned civilians for the next 4 years, at least. What's to debate?

7. Democrat/Republican debate. I don't see the point of discussing that here, altho others are free to rapine and pillage away. I won't debate a Republican--it's a waste of my time, and it just bothers the Republican. Likewise, vote Democratic if you want, just keep me off any mailing list. If the Democratic Party really wanted la raza's votes, they wouldn't have a burro for a mascot.

8. The Catholic Church. Worship where you want, just don't try erecting a cathedral here. You don't want to get me started. It goes back at least to the Inquisition burning female shamans; through Bishop Landa burning the Maya libraries; and into modern times with Catholic priest XX figuratively and sexually burning my nephew who later committed a suicide-hanging from the branch of a tree in his grandmother's backyard. The church paid my nephew off with 50 grand and used worshippers' money to try to keep the puto priest out of jail. I told you--don't get me started. I personally worship where there's no gold, frankensteins or murderers.

9. El idioma Español. It's part of our culture. I hate Chicano websites that offer very little about our other language. I'll put up cosas, write cosas, debate cosas about Spanish. Maybe others will too.

10. There's always 10 things. Fill it in for yourself.

Anybody think I missed something important?
RudyG

No comments: