Friday, November 25, 2005

Cocono Of The Year And Feliz Cumpleaños to La Bloga

Manuel Ramos

The


Of the Year award goes to:


Not one Chicana/o, Latina/o, or Hispanic novel on the Time Magazine list. Such an inexcusable oversight ranks as the biggest gobbler of 2005, in my opinion. (I know, the year's not over yet, but this one's a no-brainer.) Here's your stuffed bird, Time - hope it doesn't stick in your collective throats.

And Happy Birthday to La Bloga. The first post on nuestra cosita literaria appeared November 28, 2004. We've scooted and crawled through these early months, perhaps soon we will start walking. Muchisimas gracias to our readers, lurkers and those who occasionally comment - you are the reason we do this. My own personal thanks and appreciation to Gina MarySol Ruiz, Daniel Olivas, Michael Sedano and RudyG for their wonderful contributions, pithy posts, and insightful observations about that beautiful mixed-bag we know as Chicana/o Literature. You all have made this first year something special.

Later.

4 comments:

Gina Ruiz said...

Happy birthday LaBloga! It's been fun and I love being a part of it. La Bloga and I almost share a birthday, mine is three days after.

Thank you all for inviting me to be a part of La Bloga and for all the encouragement and support.

Tonta of the year award goes to la Gwen Stefani and her ripped Virgen de Guadalupe shirt in the video Luxurious. I think the Virgencita is going to smite that girl with a very thorny nopal.

RC said...

Check out my poem on La Gwen and y La Virgen in my November archives.And happy birthday to La Bloga.

Gina Ruiz said...

Saw the poem. Good poem. And thank you for the Happy Birthday

Lorna Dee Cervantes said...

Feliz cumpleanos Bloga buddies! Thanks for keeping us there.