Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Adriana Domínguez, Former HarperCollins Executive Editor, Joins Full Circle Literary


Adriana Domínguez has joined Full Circle Literary as its newest agent, effective immediately. Ms. Domínguez has over ten years of experience in publishing, most recently as Executive Editor at HarperCollins Children's Books, where she managed the children’s division of the Latino imprint, Rayo.

Prior to her work at HarperCollins, Ms. Domínguez was Children’s Reviews Editor at Críticas magazine, published by Library Journal. She is also a professional translator, and has worked on a number of Spanish-language translations of best-selling children’s books.

At Full Circle Literary, Ms. Domínguez will continue her strong list of children’s picture books, middle grade novels, and literary young adult novels. She will also represent authors writing for adults in the following genres: literary fiction, women’s fiction, and historical fiction. For her adult nonfiction list, she will seek women’s interest, multicultural, pop culture, and how-to books.

Full Circle Literary founder Stefanie Von Borstel says, “We are very excited to have Adriana on board. Her eye for spotting and developing authors is unparalleled and we feel her taste is very much in tune with our global interests. Adriana and I met while working on projects at Rayo. I was impressed by her detail-oriented editing and her strength as an advocate for authors throughout the publishing process. I am certain that those skills, among others, will make her an excellent agent.”

“I am very much looking forward to helping published and unpublished authors develop their work and navigate the complex world of publishing from concept through publication, and beyond,” adds Ms. Domínguez. “I am particularly excited about having joined an agency that shares my interest in publishing the work of Latino authors, and that has the awards and recognition to prove that it does it well.”

Ms. Domínguez will be based in New York City and will serve as Full Circle Literary’s
East Coast representative. She can be contacted by e-mail at Adriana@fullcircleliterary.com or by phone at 858-824-9269.

Full Circle Literary is a California-based literary agency. Founded in 2004 by Stefanie Von Borstel and Lilly Ghahremani, the agency represents a wide range of children’s and adult authors. For more information, visit their website: www.fullcircleliterary.com.


A Note from Adriana Dominguez

Dear Friends,

I am writing you today because I want you to get these wonderful news directly from me.

After leaving HarperCollins Children's Books a year ago, I was
flooded with an overwhelming amount of support that made me feel truly appreciated, and led me to wonder what I could do next that would be worthy of such praise and encouragement. And so, over the past year I have engaged in many wonderful chats with friends, family members, and colleagues, and done a certain degree of soul searching. I asked myself, over and over again: How can I best help ALL authors— and Latino authors in particular—get published using the skills I've gathered over a decade of work in the publishing industry?

About a month ago, the answer to this question became very clear to me, so I began to take steps to make this happen. And so, it is with great joy and a good deal of hope that I announce my new role as agent and East Coast representative for Full Circle Literary Agency. I chose this agency in particular because I worked with them in the past at Harper, and in the process of doing so, came to really appreciate and respect their professionalism, deep concern for their authors, and attention to detail. These qualities, along with their interest in helping Latino authors get published, makes me believe that we will complement each other very well, and that only wonderful things can come from this new venture!

I invite you to share the news with authors and colleagues to help me launch my new efforts, and look forward to finding new and exciting ways for us to collaborate!

Thank you for your continued support, and good luck with your own
ventures!

Best regards,
Adriana

Check out VOCES, a blog about Latino authors and books!
www.adrianadominguez.com

No comments: