Friday, August 24, 2018

One Photo, Two Words: La Palabra

Melinda Palacio



Not to be missed





The Bird Forgiveness tour joins La Palabra at Avenue 50 Studio. I'm excited for this very special homecoming for me. I have featured and participated in many poetry series at Avenue 50 Studio from the Bluebird Series to La Palabra to a special panel with Luis J. Rodriguez, who informed me that he was accepting my first poetry manuscript, How Fire Is a Story, Waiting for publication by Tia Chucha Press, to hosts from Rafael Alvarado to Luivette Resto to Karineh Mahdessian to Jessica Ceballos. Avenue 50 Studio is a gorgeous space for Chicano and Latino arts. Director and Founder Kathy Gallegos has been on board since 2000 and her commitment to the arts is simply beautiful. Each iteration of Avenue 50 Studio is a guaranteed explosion of important poetry and I'm honored to be part of this community. I look forward to reading with Ron Baca, Irene Monica Sanchez, and Matt Sedillo. Our host, Angelina Sáenz has a special surprise in store for attendees; you will have to show up to find out what it is. An open mic will follow the featured readers on Sunday, August 26, 2-4 pm at Avenue 50 Studio, 131 North Avenue 50 Studio, Highland Park, CA 90042. 


P.S.
Today is the birthday of my sister Emily. Happy August 24 everyone. 

1 comment:

msedano said...

Órale, Emily. Big hugs from mvs