Saturday, December 25, 2010

Chicanonautica: Feliz Navidad from Mars


I'm dayjobing until midnight this week, so this time I'll just wish you a quick feliz, and offer a wonderful little film that brought tears to my eyes when I first saw it,
Viaje a Marte by Juan Pablo Zaramella. It has won more than 50 awards, is squarely in the Chicanonautica sci-fi/latino lit interface, and reminds me of both Ray Bradbury and Jorge Luis Borges. It's just the thing for both Christmas and New Years. Children will enjoy it , but I think it will be best appreciated by those of us who have dreamed, grown up, worked hard, and eventually realized what is truly magical about life.





Ernest Hogan has science fiction stories in the anthologies 2020 Visions, Space Horrors, and Voices for the Cure.

1 comment:

Manuel Ramos said...

Ernest - the movie was excellent. kids and adults should appreciate it, especially during this "magical" time of the year. Gracias.