Thursday, December 29, 2022

Chicanonautica: From Covid Christmas to the New Year

by Ernest Hogan


I planned on heroically going on with biz here, but once again I get up, feel kinda okay, stumble through my morning routine, losing track of what I'm doing, then end up back in bed.


Gonna be a Covid Christmas! Or did it already happen? When am I writing this? Would make a great demented carol, but I can’t seem to think up anything . . .


Ah, brain fog . . . It’s some people’s idea of a good time . . . They take drugs to achieve this level of mental bizarritude . . . 


Where was I?


Oh yeah. I’m the Father of Chicano Science Fiction, a regular Papí Sci-Fi, and I have a lot of important business to take care of . . . like . . . 

 

There’s this virus transforming civilization as we know it . . . Didn’t I write a novel about that once? 


And there’s all kinds of turmoil sweeping over the planet. What the world needs now is some kinda newfangled chingadera vision to help us see a way through, or at least a few good laughs. 


Maybe I am just a slapstick comedian, writing this on his phone, in bed. 


And a new year is charging at us, so look out, amigos . . .


Ernest Hogan doesn’t usually need a virus or drugs to achieve a bizarre mental state, he just goes about his business and goes stark, raving sci-fi, whatever that means . . .

No comments: