Monday, April 01, 2024

CHICANO FRANKENSTEIN at Powell’s Bookstore in Portland!


The book tour for my new novel, Chicano Frankenstein (Forest Avenue Press), continues with an appearance at the legendary Powell’s Bookstore in Portland, Oregon, on April 7, at 7:00 p.m. I will be in conversation with the multi-talented Jude Brewer. Join us if you’re in town! And to check out my forthcoming book events, go to my website’s events page. Also, if you teach literature and are interested in adding Chicano Frankenstein to your course list, feel free to contact my publisher. We know of one university professor who has it on his spring curriculum, which is pretty damn cool.

***


In other news, the venerable Teatro Espejo in Sacramento is producing the world premiere of my play, Waiting for Godínez. The play will run each Friday, Saturday and Sunday from April 5 to 21. You may purchase tickets here. My play had previously been produced in readings in Los Angeles and New York, but this is the first fully staged production (an abridged version was staged in 2021 by Playwrights' Arena under the title Waiting in light of pandemic protocols). We have a magnificent director and cast! I will be attending the April 13th performance and will participate in a talkback afterwards. I hope you can join us for an evening of live theatre!

No comments: