Thursday, September 03, 2009

"Hello, I must be going...."


As Groucho sang, "I have come just to say I must be going." Compays, personal needs require that I take a new role with La Bloga, one where I will post as time and circumstances allow. I would still love to hear about your novel, poetry joint, your visual art, and I hope to continue to offer occasional interviews and personal rants. But the frequency will have to be much less often, at least for the near future. You can always contact me through my site:
lisaalvarado.net, and lisa@lisaalvarado.net., and I hope you do.


I am hugely humbled and grateful for the chance to share my scribbling, my POV, to interview brilliant writers and review awe-inspiring work. La Bloga has given me a way to be up close and personal with the likes of Martín Espada, Demetria Martinez, Achy Obejas, Margo Tamez, Luis Rodriguez, and a galaxy of writers and artists. Although I hope to be here in a different way, you will be continue to be regaled, illuminated, challenged, entertained and delightfully provoked with the writing of : Annette Leal Mattern Viva Liz Vega! tatiana de la tierra Olga Garcia Echeverria Daniel Olivas Rene Colato Lainez Lydia Gil Manuel Ramos Ann Hagman Cardinal msedano.

I'd like to end this post with some quotes about that which I love best:


A poet can survive everything but a misprint. ~ Oscar Wilde

Poetry is not a profession, it is a destiny. ~ Mikhail Dudan


Poetry is all that is worth remembering in life. ~ William Hazlitt


Poetry is a mirror which makes beautiful that which is distorted. ~ Percy Shelley


My favorite poem is the one that starts 'Thirty days hath September” because it actually tells you something. ~ Groucho Marx

Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world. ~ Percy Byshe Shelley


We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for. ~ from Dead Poet's Society

A poet's autobiography is his poetry. Anything else is just a footnote. ~ Yevgeny Yevtushenko

Hasta Pronto,
Lisa Alvarado

6 comments:

msedano said...

I'm sure your Guardian Muse has you in her sights, Lisa. Looking forward to what comes when the wind changes again.

mvs

Daniel A. Olivas said...

Much love and many abrazos I am sending your way from L.A., Lisa. We have been enriched and entertained by your presence on La Bloga. And we await with anticipation your future posts which might be infrequent but no less satisfying.

Manuel Ramos said...

You say goodbye, I say hello. Thank you for all you brought to La Bloga, and will bring again. You made quite an impact. Abrazos,
Manuel

Rene Colato Lainez said...

Thanks for all your support for La Bloga and for your wonderful posts. This is your casa.

Anonymous said...

I can't think of anything better than what the other boys said, Lisa, so I'll just wish you, if not a peaceful life, then the peace to enjoy each moment.

And send tus pensamientos y sentimientos whenever you wish, however you wish.

RudyG

Martin Espada said...

This is very sad news. Thank you for your commitment to our community of writers. Thank you for your generosity of spirit. Thank you for your sharp eye and your sensitive ear. Thank you for everything. I'll be rooting for a comeback.