Thursday, August 04, 2022

Covid-19: I Let My Guard Down

 Melinda Palacio


So nice to have a friend you can quarantine with.



A home test confirms that I have Covid, a first for me. I had gone since the beginning of the pandemic without catching the awful Rona. Plus, I am double vaccinated and twice boosted. A telephone doctor visit and I am now taking the same medication prescribed to President Biden. Paxlovid is an antiviral made by Pfzizer, three horse pills taken twice a day for 5 days. The interesting thing about the medicine is that it is free, no copay or monies needed. I sure hope I am better after the five days. Both the doctor and the pharmacist confirmed that my mouth would taste like tin. Tin can mouth, check. All the other aches and pains, check. I hope to return when I am recovered. In the meantime, enjoy a poem I had published yesterday in SWWIM Everyday


No comments: