Thursday, July 07, 2022

A Quick Trip to Maui

 Melinda Palacio



When I realized I couldn't share my travel article until it was published at the magazine I wrote it for, I decided to share some photographs of my trip to Maui last May. 


I arrived with all the luggage I managed to carry-on with me. I figured a week in paradise shouldn't require a whole lot of stuff. I even overpacked, but still managed not to have to pay the fee for checked baggage. 

First item, beachside/poolside cocktails and sunset viewing.



The stormy sky meant cool days for exploring the island. 

This is Julius, he cuts the coconut and turns it into a cool drink. He also makes the best banana bread on Maui. 

I thought Santa Barbara had the biggest banyion tree, but Maui wins. 

I was glad I packed my pineapple dress. It matched the pineapple ukulele I ended up buying.

I made sure to catch the sunset everyday.

I was tempted to tiptoe through the sunflowers but didn't feel as comfortable about trespassing or jumping over the ditch as other tourists. 

the quiet bay at Hono Lua has great  snorkeling. 

Maui has the most delicate sand.  

If you've heard the song about Lanai, this is what it looks like through a rainbow cloud. 

sunset in Lanai

A cruise is the best way to view the sunset. Aloha.