Monday, March 24, 2014

The Five Senses in LA and Chicago & WI Next



Xanath Caraza 

La Clase, Healing Traditions Across Borders at CSUN

 What a magnificent visit to California State University-Northridge and LA I had.  The Chicana/o Studies Department at CSUN outdid themselves; I was and I am honored to be part of their 45th anniversary celebration.  Lara Medina and María Elena Fernández, gracias for such a meaningful journey para mí and for such careful planning.  Now that my wonderful journey to LA is wrapped up, Chicago and Appleton, WI are next.

Mujeres de Maíz


In LA, my activities included visiting two classes, The Chicana/o and the Arts and Healing Traditions Across Borders, and giving two poetry workshops, in addition to two more community presentations; I was invited to be part of the 13th Anniversary of Tia Chucha’s Cultural Center and to participate in La Palabra Reading Series.

The Chicano House at CSUN


Socializing was part of this marvelous trip to LA.  My familia from La Bloga was supporting every step of my trip.  On Friday evening, I had dinner with el mismísimo Em Sedano, Barbara and Lara at Camilo’s Bistro, qué rico!  On Saturday, Daniel Olivas joined my Saturday poetry presentation and poetry workshop at the Chicano House at CSUN.  Saturday dinner was with professors from CSU at La Parrilla in Boyle Heights

Here are some powerful photos of este viaje de sueño, that Lara and I have been planning for almost a year.  What a deep and meaningful tripGracias Karineh Mahdessian, Daniel Olivas y Lara Medina por las fotos.

En Camilo's con Lara, Em y Barbara



Mural en CSUN



Tia Chucha's Cultural Center

En La Parrilla con los profesore de CSUN





Poetry Workshop


En Tia Chucha's Cultural Center con Luis Rodriguez y Neelanjana Banerjee



Con Heriberto Luna en su estudio




Chicago and Appleton, WI Next:

 

I’m looking forward to seeing my Chicago familia on Thursday, March 27 at the Art Salon with Xánath Caraza: Book Release of Noche de colibríes: Ekphrastic Poems (pandora lobo estepario press, 2014).

 

Here is an interview by Hector Luis Alamo, Managing Editor at Gozamos Chicago, it will go live at 9 a. m. CST, today, http://gozamos.com/2014/03/artist-profile-xanath-caraza/


Continuando en el Midwest, on Saturday, March 29 at 6 p.m., I’ll be in Appleton, WI for an Art Salon Poetry Reading Presentation and Poetry workshop at 1018 W. Taylor Street, Appleton, WI 54914.  Be my guest and join me if you are around.


El Poster

Es todo por hoy.  Ciao, chao.

5 comments:

msedano said...

Whirlwind visit that was tons of fun for me and Barbara. Xánath, you wowed them on the coast!

Xánath Caraza said...

I enjoyed every minute of my visit, life changing and meaningful journey. Viva la poesía! Saludos!

Daniel A. Olivas said...

What a joy to listen to you read your work. And I was honored to be present while the young women at CSUN expressed themselves through poetry with your guidance.

Daniel A. Olivas said...

What a joy to listen to you read your work. And I was honored to be present while the young women at CSUN expressed themselves through poetry with your guidance.

Xánath Caraza said...

Daniel, gracias and thank you for attending el taller de poesía at CSUN. Viva la poesía!