Monday, April 03, 2023

"How to Date a Flying Mexican" selected as an International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club April International Book of the Month

 

I am honored that my most recent book, How to Date a Flying Mexican: New and Collected Stories (University of Nevada Press), was selected as the International Pulpwood Queens and Timber Guys Book Club April International Book of the Month of April. You may find all book club selections for the year here. Our book club event will be streamed live on April 11, 5:00 (Pacific). Details will be published on the Pulpwood Queens' Facebook page on April 4th. However, due to some very unpleasant Zoom bombings, if you wish to be my guest at the book club event, please drop me an email (olivasdan [at] aol [dot] com) with your name and I will add you to the list.

The International Pulpwood Queen and Timber Guy Book Club Reading Nation was founded by Kathy L. Murphy and is the biggest meeting and discussing book club in the world – with 800 chapters, including chapters in 20 foreign countries.

In other news, a Spanish edition of How to Date a Flying Mexican will be released on May 22. This is the first time one of my books had been translated into another language, so this is particularly special to me. The Spanish edition was translated by Cinta Garcia de la Rosa.


No comments: